Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the beginning of January I bought a brand new leftover 2007 800efi Sportsman. It started making a clicking noise in the clutch assembly, and it became a constant thing. After some prodding, the dealer took it in, and contacted Polaris. After adding some wedges in the clutch, they said that was all they could do and it would be fine. IT STILL CLICKS JUST AS BAD AS BEFORE. My brother has owned about 6 polaris atv's going back 15 years and has never had one make any kind of noises like this. Anybody else had this problem? Is it going to have any long term affects on anything?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Maybe they gave him a wedgey??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer seems to know what he is talking about and supposadly was working through Polaris as it was still covered under warranty. The warranty expired a week or two ago, but I did save the work slip from the dealer. Should I contact Polaris myself?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would have them show you what the problem is and what they will do to fix it. I have never heard the word wedge used for any type of clutching in my 30 years in the business. Hope everything works out, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All the Sportsman's I ride with make some kind of noise at the PVT. I rode one at the dealer the other day and it to has a mechanical click or bang coming from the PVT. That's why I bought the 850, it didn't make any funny noises when I rode it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, taking the machine to another dealer tomorrow for a second opinion.
bjj1805: My 2010 800 makes a clicking noise when idling and a clunk noise when slowing down. The dealer's former service manager (now a salesman) told me this was the clutch - actually the cog catching up to the chain. I hopped on a different 800 at the dealer and it did the same thing. What did the other dealer tell you??? Have you had any problems?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Wedges no, shims yes, if the clutch is out of alignment. Contacting Polaris directly could help. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts