Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sportsman 800 X2 that is giving me some problems. If you are going up a steep grade or maybe climbing a hill, it seems like it is running out of fuel and it dies. If I return back to flat ground and try and crank it several times, it will fire up and run normal again. I though maybe low fuel and the sending unit was not picking up the fuel because it was sloshing to the back of the tank. I filled up the tank and it still does it. It doesn't throw a wrench symbol or anything. The only time i have noticed something different is on a steep decent and the battery light would flash and it would die. It doesn't do that when climbing though. When riding on flat surface, it does fine though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
possibly. I have never changed it. I found a forum on the part that was showing the flashing battery light on teh steep decline and incline and he said it was battery connections. Mine did that once, but it doesnt do that anymore. The entire instrument panel use to go out, but now, it stays on. It just dies. Ill try teh fuel filter. I have to find it first.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Fuel filter is located in the front on the bar by the radiator. Its in there pretty good.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Next Step.... Fuel pump. If you suspect the pump, I suggest you have the fuel pressure checked. (assuming you have EFI).

If you need a pump, I suggest you get creative. Polaris wants you to buy the tank/pump assembly for a price that will cause a heart attack. There are several threads here that show you how to replace the pump-only for a LOT less money.
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for...p-gauge-regulator-2006-sportsman-700-efi.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts