Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 08 Sportsman 400 HO. AWD did not work when I got it. Took apart and found the thrust button assembly was missing? Think it just wore down and got ground up. Anyway, bought a new one, inspected everything and all looked fine otherwise. I wasn’t sure how tight to make the thrust button so I just turned the Allen screw until it was snug after re-assembly. Put it back together and still no AWD. I get 13V at the plug with the AWD switch on and I get 23-24 ohms on the coil when I test it. Any ideas as to what else I should check? Can’t find much info on this machine on any forums. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
Well it sound electrically good. Coil pulling in the sprague?? The cage move freely??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clicking. Doesn’t do anything when I flip switch to AWD and give it gas in gear up on the stand.

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
Ground on the harness good??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would I check that? Continuity between ground and one of the pins feeding coil?

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
Yup the pin that doesn't have the 12vdc.

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
Sounds like its mechanical inside the diff. Hows the fluid look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put in new fluid when re-asseambled. Wondering if I put the armature plate in backwards. Thinking I may have put the nubs that grab toward the bearing vs inside the back of the gear. Is that possible?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts