Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 800 sportsman that sounds like it is a piece of junk going down a hill it has 25 hrs on it !! With the ADC on it is even worse. My dealer is no help they say it is normal !! Anybody have a clue as to what is going on ?? I take pride in my quads and this noise is very iratating ! I have a 04 500 that has never given me serious problems so I dished out 9000 for this 2 cyl quad and I feel like I got a cement mixer !! I have changed the frt demand drive fluid and the tranny fluid and no diference. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That noise

I know what you mean but your dealer is wright. I was mad too when I heard this noise back in the spring of 07 but never gave me any problems. It's the slack in the drive shafts that cause this irritating noise. It's almost like something is just about to break off going down hill, but it won't have faith in me. What I do is put a little presure on the rear brake only and the noise kinda goes away a little. The only problem I had with the tranny on my 800 is the chain inside, it didn't break or anything but I streched it to the point where it was rubbing the drain plug but that's my doing, I have 30" mud lite tires and a little bit of mods to the engine lol. Happy Trails and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok mudder, I guess I could get some earmuffs lol I love the way it rides, it is my 1st quad with independent 4 wheel suspension, and the power is awesome, I thought about putting different oil in the trans cause the polaris oil seems to light but I will keep the right stuff in there! I am still buying accesories for it I do a lot of trail rides here in the mountains of AZ so I got frt brushguards, nerf bars, lock and ride box,and backrest (for the old guy in me ) lol oh yeah got the fancy chrome wheels also. I hate the dealers in my area it seems once they get your $$$ you are on ya own. My dealers shop is full of teenagers just wanting to sell stuff. I buy most of my stuff online. Anyway thanks for the reply I will try to ignore it !!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Yea I'm thinking of ear plugs when I going riding too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have found the problem, when I changed the frt diff fluid I used demand drive fluid that the dealer told me it took, WRONG !!! It should take LT demand drive fluid it is a new fluid made for bikes with ADC ( I hope I did not screw up the diff with the wrong fluid as I did ride it ) I will change it with the right fluid in the morning, I am also going to bleed the ADC system as there is a bleeder plug there, I hope gravity is enough to do this,AS I do not have a pressure bleeder, Does anybody know the correct way to bleed the ADC system ? That is also a fluid that feeds the frt diff, Yeah 2 different fluids for one frt diff. My dealer is closed today Monday so I will be doing this on tuesday. If I don't get thrown out of the joint for yelling at them for giving me the wrong fluid in the first place LOL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update to my problem ! The right fluid listed above fixed it !! Anyone with a ADC system must use the LT fluid in the frt diff, I drained the demand fluid rode a hour then drained it again to make sure all wrong fluid was out. It now works like it should, the gear lash is still present when going down hills but nothing can be done about that. The noise with the ADC is completly gone !! Do not listen to the dumb %$# dealer the LT fluid is the only fluid to go in the frt diff of a bike that has ADC !!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Good to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts