Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the value of a 08 LE outlaw 90
it has low hours, the stock original tires on it. It's got a bent chain/rear brake guard and the front bar is bent a little, the vey front plastic is cracked also but I think I can be saved, regular kind of stuff mostly its nice only bad thing is the electric starter is on the way out....but to be honest that thing sucked from day 1
we are the original owners and my son went through like a 3 yr period where he didn't ride it just .would ride my wifes wolverine. Also have a full repair guide on dvd

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
New the 90cc models can be had for $2500-2600. When I was looking for my son's atv, I searched for the sportsman 90, and found the 2000-2004's @ $600-1200 and the 2005+ (or the ones with revesre - don't know exact year) go for $1500-1900 all depending on condition.

So with the condition you described and how the pictures look.... I'd say start at the $1600-1750 range and I wouldn't take anything less then $1500-1550 for it. To me personally, the bumpers aren't really a big deal..... as kids will bump things and they can likely be "tweaked" back close enough. But for me (I'm anal - like clean & good condition, no matter the age) the plastics are a little bigger deal, as they are harder to "repair" with out simply replacing them at good money$.

And frankley, if you shoot for anything much over the $1700 mark..... the buyer likely has "money to burn" and will probably just go brand new and you'll be left with a tuff sale. But it's your call!

Best of luck with your sale

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I didn't know if the limited edition was worth more. I do not know how many are out there

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
To me the "LE" on a 90cc machine (or any used machine for that matter) is useless and no real dollar value added..... other than an owners / parents ego booster.

Remember when setting a value for your sale, these machines can be had brand new off the dealer floor for ~$2500. Just to be smashed up in the first 5 minutes of riding. So if someone has the money they won't even bat an eye and look for a used 2006-2013 model. Value it as you will, but a 2008 in "reality" is already a 5-6 year old machine, no matter how much it's been used/riden. And with that I mean no disrespect.... it is what it is. Start at $1900 - $2000, if you think your market will support that dollar value.

Another good way to find the market value in your area is to look it up on the NADA website or search Craig's List for comperable machines.

Best of luck with your sale.

EDIT: I just did a CL search in my area for "Sportsman 90" and came up with only 2 machines, both "clean looking" 2006's.... and listed @ $1450 & $1500. So add $100-200 per each year newer and your at $1700-1900'ish. But then you run into the used vs new dollar value range..... as at that price point, what's a couple hundred more for new and forget about a used one?! :dunno: Really depends on how bad you want to sell it or how many tire kickers you want to deal with!! They will point out every flaw and offer less, or low ball. When I sell I like to price it to sell..... the person that calls and comes first usually really wants it and won't barter much. Just my experiance.

Really nice looking lawn by the way.... I can tell just from that you value and take care of your things!! :fing02:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just sold my son's last fall for $1750.
It was exactly like yours but with the edition of a Max RPM full exhaust and handguards.

It was a great quad and served him well for years. The only negative were the drum brakes. They were horrible and I was always having to clean them.
His Raptor 250's brakes are a night and day difference!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's hoping parent ego is running high..lol

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys
did that exhaust do anything for it?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I built a Scrambler 90 (2-stroke) for my son. The pipe make a huge difference on a 2-stroke. We put a race-ported, big bore kit on it, 24mm OKO PowerJet carb and fine tuned the clutches. It flat out rips. +3 chromoly a-arms, nerf bars, 400ex hubs, etc. I'm contemplating selling it too. All his buddies have dirt bikes now.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nah. I'ld say about $500. That includes a rip around the 'hood on the Scrammy. :veryhappy: :werd: :cowboy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah. I'ld say about $500. That includes a rip around the 'hood on the Scrammy. :veryhappy: :werd: :cowboy:
That's with a full tank of gas,delivery and a weekend with the 1k
Also a dinner and drinks and me supplying 100 bucks for misc spending:fest06:
Just for fly...lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's with a full tank of gas,delivery and a weekend with the 1k
Also a dinner and drinks and me supplying 100 bucks for misc spending:fest06:
Just for fly...lol
HAHAHA ! YOU DA MAN CURB !!!!

I'll see your offer and raise it with some 2 inch thick mesquite smoked strip streaks, a long weekend's lodging w/boating on Lake George and some riding here at our club's 100 miles of trails ! :cowboy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speaking of your trails . I went to killington last week and when I was driving through Whitehall I saw signs for a riding club or trails. Is that u guys ? Think it was a black sign with green letters..we used to go to great American camp ground and I would ride my harley on a bunch of back roads around lake George. ..I'm down with it

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nah. Whitehall isn't us. Was it ATV ? That maybe a snowmobile club. Lots of those around.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The sign was in Whitehall but the club wasn't
Said atv club...I'll talk to my buddy and see if he remembers more. You Can't be far from Fort Ann right?
Or the great American camp ground
Think it's called Mettowee atv park

1 - 15 of 15 Posts