Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace the gaskets on my 450. The whole upper set pretty much, how do i get the timing chain off>:kopfkratz: ive been at it all day and cant figure it out someone please help asap im going nuts:eek:mfg:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
howdy , may want to get a manual.
I have the manual and have looked online, its shows the chain having a linkl which is supposed to open with a clip just like the drive chain but i have checked every single link and still no luck its pretty frustrating:cussing:

·
Registered
441 Posts
can i ask why your having to replace all those gaskets?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
You must have to pull a gear off??

·
Registered
441 Posts
did you buy thr replacement gaskets from your stealership , if so they may be able to give ya some advice on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told by a mechanic that if you need to get the timing chain off, it takes a tool that most shops don't have, and the dealer does, the timing chain is a 1 piece design, and riveted together, now if you can get a replacement timing chain with the removable link, then use an angle grinder and cut the old chain off, probably save that much money anyways, rather then go to the stealership
hth
Rick, Ore :friday:

·
Registered
441 Posts
if ya decide to go that route , watch where your throwing those shavings n grindings ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts