Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to atvs and haven't really got one yet. I have been looking around for a Polaris Sportsman and I finally found one. Just want everyone's opinion.

-2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
-Mileage: 4270 miles
-Hand Guards
-Has some sort of exhaust, dosent look like the stock exhaust

-No winch
-Back storage box looks broken

Price: $3950 + Tax (I'm guessing because it's at a dealer)

The dealership is about 6 hours away from me.

Is that high mileage for a atv?
Also is that a good price?

Thanks for looking and your help

·
Registered
239 Posts
for that price you can find one with 1/2 the miles

and yes thats high mileage

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Thats high. I purchased a 2008 in 2010 with 200 miles on it for 4900.- That was 2 yrs ago!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone. Ill keep looking around then :). Ill probably post another one of these later

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to atvs and haven't really got one yet. I have been looking around for a Polaris Sportsman and I finally found one. Just want everyone's opinion.

-Hand Guards

-No winch

I see that your in Canada, is the bike located in Canada, as the Canadain bikes are always priced higher, also are you sure thats miles, or Kilometers, if in KM's thats 2668 miles, which isn't all that bad, but was still used a fair bit. But keep in mind at that price, for and extra $2200 you could get a brand new bike, with warranty....BUT also keep in mind in 08 you are still at the previous body style, which in my opinion is worth something, as I much prefer that body over the new econo body, stronger thicker plastics, larger racks, front rack IS MUCH MUCH better.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

-Hand Guards

-No winch

I see that your in Canada, is the bike located in Canada, as the Canadain bikes are always priced higher, also are you sure thats miles, or Kilometers, if in KM's thats 2668 miles, which isn't all that bad, but was still used a fair bit. But keep in mind at that price, for and extra $2200 you could get a brand new bike, with warranty....BUT also keep in mind in 08 you are still at the previous body style, which in my opinion is worth something, as I much prefer that body over the new econo body, stronger thicker plastics, larger racks, front rack IS MUCH MUCH better.
I agree, that Is the bottom of the going rates up here. I have seen anywhere. From $3800 to $4900.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
got mine with no extra's at all 1 year ago with 1000km and 50 hours. $4500.

·
Registered
284 Posts
thats the thing about this site...when a person comes onto this site asking the value of a something, they should ask for replies only from people of the same country as your self, as that plays a HUGE role in an items worth. And really I don't know why there is such price difference's because of the free trade agreement between our two countries, and the dollar difference being so little.

·
Registered
284 Posts
then you can add a few more $$$ to that price for all the hoops you have to jump through to get it across the border. By the time your done paying all the extra's the price won't be too far off one sold in Canada.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts