Polaris ATV Forum banner

2008 polaris sportsman 500 idle/ cold start issues

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  polman500 
#1 ·
Hey every one. So I just bought a 2008 sportsman 500 Ho. And I like the machine However after getting it home I found it not very cold weather friendly. When picking it up it ran great no issue weather was a little warmer. After returning home and trying to unload off of trailer it would start but didn't want to idle. Kept dyeing after it warmed up and would stay idling. I let it set idle for 20 minutes And it ran great. My wife ran it the last 2 days with no issues However it has been in the 50 in are area yesterday it turned cold again. And problem returned. What do you think could be the issue. And if it a cold starting issue which is what I believe is the problem IS there a coolant heater or a block heater that I can install and would this help my issues. Thanks for the help before hand. As the dealer wants 95 and hour to even look at and I can not afford that rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.