Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been at this several days. When i go to start my fourwheeler nothing will happen i turn the key and nothing changes. i have my speedo and headlights and horn but other than that I can’t tell that anything else turns on. My fuel pump only works when i run a wire where the relays are. The motor will crank freely if i just run power straight from the battery to the starter. I have replaced the 2 bigger relays, good fuses, fairly new battery, cleaned the connections to the battery, a new starter solenoid, new ignition switch, and i have a circuit breaker on the way. I am just lost as to what could be my issue here.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,157 Posts
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
04 Sportsman 700, 04 Scrambler 500, 04 trail touring 550 sled
1,641 Posts
Are we looking at no crank (motor does not spin with key), no start (will not start even when jumping the starter) or both?

·
Premium Member
04 Sportsman 700, 04 Scrambler 500, 04 trail touring 550 sled
1,641 Posts
Ok, and your fuel pump isn’t running correct? That would be your issue… Is the kill switch on the left handlebar in the run position and plug clean and plugged all the way in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been at this several days. When i go to start my fourwheeler nothing will happen i turn the key and nothing changes. i have my speedo and headlights and horn but other than that I can’t tell that anything else turns on. My fuel pump only works when i run a wire where the relays are. The motor will crank freely if i just run power straight from the battery to the starter. I have replaced the 2 bigger relays, good fuses, fairly new battery, cleaned the connections to the battery, a new starter solenoid, new ignition switch, and i have a circuit breaker on the way. I am just lost as to what could be my issue here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts