Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. EFI. Tonight I was replacing the pod light. When I got the pod off I discovered that the wiring was broken. I spliced in new wires and solved that issue. However, after I reassemble the pod, the quad will no longer start. I had power to the speedo and the check engine indicator flashes and a loud click can be heard coming from the starter, I think?! When I shifted into neutral so that I could push it to storage, the pod and wheeler lost power. When I mess with the shifter the pod’s power will come and go. I’m at a loss here as to what I may have done. Keep in mind that the only thing wrong with this wheeler was that the pod light did not power on. No other problems, ever!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
If all you did was repair some wires. Maybe something went wrong in the repair????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usually if the starter is clicking you dont have enough power. The battery may be low, have you tried boosting it?

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
If there was no problem before the 'repair', perhaps during the repair procedure you discharged the battery during testing or if the battery was disconnected, the connections may not be tight enough - recheck the connections at the battery and the point of repair, charge the battery and report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts