Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Ranger 700 XP has a "dead spot" when accelerating that feels like it is starving for fuel. I went by the dealer and found out no servicable fuel filter is sold, and you have to buy the whole tank assy. He also said the TPS sensor could be bad, but he did not have time to check it and you have to have a regulator to set it up. Does anyone know of any aftermarket parts that may be available to upgrade the fuel tank or filter? Also if anyone had bought or made that regulator what is the cost. I can fix this thing myself, but I have never worked on one of these and need a little advise.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ranger 700 XP problems as well

Hi I am also having the same trouble and frustration with my 2007 Ranger, and have changed battery, throttle cable, air filter and had the TPS sensor checked all which have been OK. Yet it has the same problem that you are describing with your machine. The dealer states it might need a tank and fuel pump assembly now, a 700 dollar touch, and no other parts or fixes are out in the market that I have found!

I am ready to peel the tank / pump assembly apart, there must be some dirt or obstruction in the fuel line.

Let me know if you find something
4DRIDERS

·
Registered
55 Posts
well... we had on our older Ranger this exact same problem and did the same things as you guys are saying, replaced the thorttle cable and some other stuff and tried putting an inline fuel filter in and didn't seem to help. finally i put a fuel presure guage on it and went out and drove it till it acted up and found that the fuel pressure was droping below spec (i dont remember what it was) but that was it and basicly not having any other choice we put a whole new fuel tank with pump in it and that fixed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the same problem. Fuel pump from napa E2471 and a strainer FS210, I have also had a charging issue with mine and my dealer was no help so I had to find the problem, also just last week mine quit. No fuel to injector, there's a black plastic price where the fuel pump hooks and the regulator hooks on top has a split in it an a filter in it you can't buy. I put a hose in its place and runs like a top. Email me for pics. I'm also trying to find out who builds the pump assy for polaris.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I been having issues with my battery (new) apparently not being charged and draining over time, thus my fuel pump will quit working. Charge battery and everything works fine till battery drains. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Happens when the charging system fails - have the charging system tested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts