Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Polaris scrambler 500 ho 4x4...So I just rebuilt the top end. Fluids are all circulating, but the coolant sensor keeps lighting up on my panel. The fan runs. The rad. Is full, but now my engine is seaping oil at the gaskets after 6 hrs of riding, and everything was torqued to spec when rebuilt. Any ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm no mechanic just followed directions. I had the atv for a week and blew the motor because the oil pump lost its pressure and I didnt know it wasnt getting oil. I had it rebuilt for around 1500 and know I'm having these problems. I just want to ride and it's been nothing but a hassle...

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
If you had the engine rebuilt by someone else, then take it back and complain about the leaks! The temp sensor could have taken a dump and that is why the light is on. Not sure if there is one or 2 on that engine. On my 400 there are 2 sensors. One that turns the light on and another to activate the fan. Does the fan cycle like it is supposed to or run all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you had the engine rebuilt by someone else, then take it back and complain about the leaks! The temp sensor could have taken a dump and that is why the light is on. Not sure if there is one or 2 on that engine. On my 400 there are 2 sensors. One that turns the light on and another to activate the fan. Does the fan cycle like it is supposed to or run all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the seals go the mechanic who did the rebuild is going to take care of it

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Good about the oil leak. If the fan cycles like it supposed to that sensor is doing it's job and the engine isn't actually hot. Maybe the hot light sensor went bad or has a bad connection. I don't have the specs but you should be able to test it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts