Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Polaris Sportsman 400 HO that seems to be a good machine. I read on a review today that it wasn't designed for a snow plow so it doesn't have low range.

Does anyone have experience with this year and model and will a snow plow work on it?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think that was one of the years the 400 took a down-sizing to a smaller chasis and looks like the "Hawkeye".

There are a couple active members here that have them and should chime in, with first hand experiance!

Personally if looking for a plow machine.... I'd go a little bigger than 400 to a 450 or 500 sized machine (or bigger :D). Or at a minimum get a full sized, not mid sized machine.... you'll be happieer, and it will handle the plow better too.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A bigger machine with more power and weight will definitely handle the snow better but the biggest thing they have going for them is the HI/Low range.

If you aren't plowing heavy, deep snow you could get away w/o low range but it is good to have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I am getting a little impatient in my search. I want to have a machine before snow and trapping season.

My price range is limiting my search and I am hoping to find a good machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts