Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased it last week and just discovered that it pulls to the left all the time. It's not so bad on loose gravel, sand or mud but on hard pack or asphalt it is pretty bad.

I checked the tire pressure first and that is good. I did some testing and the AWD seems to be good. It doesn't seem to be a hub sticking. I'm thinking the alignment could be off or possibly a brake sticking.

What is the easiest way to verify the alignment? I haven't had a chance to jack it up and check the brakes yet.

What else could it be and how can I narrow it down.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Also lift the tires off the ground and check free operation of each wheel/tire.

As you said brakes, tire pressure, suspension components as well as bearings or alignment can all cause this problem.

I did not click the link, but with the bike in the air wrap a string completely around the bikes tires at mid point. This will help measure and show propped toe out. But best if suspension is in full droop. That way saggy springs are OUT of equation.

CW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information all of you. It was very helpful. I made a few adjustments to the toe out and it seems to be much better.

Unfortunately, I noticed something else today. I'm thinking a bad CV joint because when I turn the bars all the way to the left I can hear a clicking from the left front wheel. How do I test to make sure it's a CV joint? Is it worthwhile to replace the wheel bearing while I have it all apart? Anything else I should be looking at? The ATV has just under 4000 km on it.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
255 Posts
A clicking sound when turn the steering to the left or right is usually indicative of a bad CV joint. Wheel bearings would probably be making a metalic squeaking/squealing (you name it?) all of the time and varying in pitch with speed. Also, with the front off the ground, try moving the wheel assy with your hands at 12 and 6 and see if there is sign of play, that can also point to a wheel bearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts