Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This machine has 318 miles on it appx 32 hrs and it will not go into reverse. I bought it new Sept of 2008 and have not had any other issues with it.
The reverse light goes on so something is registering electrically but it will not back up. :dunno. It will go forward with no problem. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this or an easy fix? It backed fine the last time it was ridden about a week ago. Went through some mud and snow....Hulp please

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
174 Posts
does the shifter feel normal when putting it into reverse? every other gear works like it should? when it's in Park can you push the machine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does feel/sound normal when putting it into reverse. It only has High (forward), Neutral, and Reverse. It will push forward when I put it in each... Any ideas? I really like this little machine. My first one so I really don't know much about them except they GO! :) Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem.... 15yr kid that had some trouble fessing up to shoving it into reverse while it was still going forward. Tends to do some damage to the transmission.
Some of the "dogs" were sheared off. Just wanted to post this was not a Polaris issue - was a I-D-10-t error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts