Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike will start and run for maybe 2 seconds then will shut off or bog out when giving it gas. I tryed adjusting the throttle cable and its fine just don't know where to turn to next. Bout ready to get rid of the bike costing way to much money. All ready had to replace the battery, starter, and the solenoid. Dont want to take it to the polaris shop because they charge way to much.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you keep the machine, buy yourself a Polaris shop manual (not Chilton's or others). Lot of good info in them. May save you money in the long run. Where is Barton, MD? My wife and I are from Hyattsville, many years ago.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fuel filter clogged?
I installed heated hand grips yesterday. When trying to start the ATV this morning it would start but shut off almost immediately. I found this thread and it made me think of the fuel line in the headlight pod. I checked it and sure enough the fuel line in there was bent due to the extra wires from the hand grips. I rearranged the wires and straightened the fuel line and it worked. Thanks for the idea. It was a quick fix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts