Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 08 sportsman 500's reverse override switch quit working, which also allows you to toggle through the display from miles, hours, trip meter, and clock. the machine seems to run fine, but its stuck on the clock, so I can't check the miles or hours. plus, the reverse override doesn't work, which won't allow me to have awd in reverse. I replaced the whole light switch assembly on the left side handle bar, but no success. I figure I have a bad contact in the plug in that connects to the handle bar switch or a broken wire or maybe something in the headlight pod? anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, I figured the problem out. it turned out to be a broken wire in the wire harness that goes up under the light pod down through the machine. talk about a needle in a haystack. while I fixed that wire, there were a couple of others that needed attention. after looking everything over, I hope I never have to do that again. the wire routing on these things are poor to say the least, they could be better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts