Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. I have noticed 2 problems.

One issue is that it idles rough. Research on this forum tells me that this is probably the code 41 and 45 issue and most likely the t-bap wiring. I have searched the internet and can't find a video to see where to look for this issue on the ATV. Does anyone have pictures or a video that will show me where to look for the wiring issue?

The other issue is that occasionally the 20a main fuse will blow. When this happens it happens repetitively. I blew 3 fuses in about 5 minutes and then the issue when away. codes 51 and 52 appeared up after that incident. I am hoping that this is also a wiring issue.

I plan to clean all the connections tomorrow but it sounds like I will also need to replace some wiring. Any suggestions would be helpful. Pictures or videos of where to look would also be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
Codes 41&45 are T-BAP codes and those wires run to a sensor on your intake boot.
Codes 51&52 are injector codes and those wires go to both fuel injectors.

So you should start by pulling back the wire loom at each component and clean and inspect each wire as you trace it back to the harness. Carefully inspect the wires for breaks and worn insulation.

The main could be popping from the 51&52 codes. Take care of the codes first then work on the fuse blowing if it's still an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts