Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -- this is my first thread on this forum. I have a Polaris Sportsman Touring 800. I got it so I could bring my girlfriend riding, but quickly learned that having a person on the back when doing serious trail riding is impossible (and I tried it myself -- it doesn't work). I'd like to pull the back seat off and replace it with soemthing, but the back seat goes doesn into the body and seals out the water and mud, so simply removing it and putting a bag over the top isn't an option. Has anyone done anything to remove the back seat?

Dave-

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a cargo box that you can buy that is made just for that purpose. On Ebay search polaris sportsman touring and you will find it there.

·
Registered
841 Posts
yea polaris makes a box for it

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATV boxes

Welcome to the group! Wes also makes several nice boxes that you could possibly use.
Hi Thor,
I noticed your product code 122 0030 atv box for 349.99. I am looking for a box just like this for a 2008 polaris 800 EFI touring model. Any thoughts that you know it would fit on? Thanks Scott Lambert 612 221 8135

·
Registered
126 Posts
What do you call serious trail riding? I had a 800 touring and loved it for taking my wife. I rode very hard with her on there. The only time I didn't like her with me was when I was rock crawling. When I went rock crawling or camping I had a piece I made from plywood and some wood along with the bracket that locked it onto the pin sticking up. The plywood was cut to the shape of the opening and I put a foam guard around the front of it where it rubbed the seat. Worked out great. Kept water off my rearend and was great for hauling deer out.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Welcome to the group! Wes also makes several nice boxes that you could possibly use.
Hi Thor,
I noticed your product code 122 0030 atv box for 349.99. I am looking for a box just like this for a 2008 polaris 800 EFI touring model. Any thoughts that you know it would fit on? Thanks Scott Lambert 612 221 8135[/QUOTE

That will work yes however you will not need the mounting plate as shown on the XP unit. Give me a call at work & I will give you the 911 on the options. Here are two links of what kits will work with your toy.

Thor

Touring Rear Box

A Touring Rear Box / 2 Up ATV Rear Box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts