Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at upgrading from my '08 800 to a 550 XP EPS Touring. My question is re; shock on the rear seat. One of our friends has a '12 and hates the shock on the rear seat, on rough trails it almost throws you off.

What year did they start putting that shock on the Touring, '09/10 or what?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
it was 2010.. If its to stiff I'm pretty sure you can turn it up or down to increase or decrease the feedback in the shock..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend says it is adjustable on his '12, but it still bounces you out of seat on rocky trails.

I wonder if there is a bracket you can get to lock the seat down? I was thinking of removing the shock and installing a turn buckle to lock it in place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My friend says it is adjustable on his '12, but it still bounces you out of seat on rocky trails.

I wonder if there is a bracket you can get to lock the seat down? I was thinking of removing the shock and installing a turn buckle to lock it in place.
I have a 2011 and not problems at all with the rear seat/shock. It's actually very comfortable and nobody's been thrown off or felt as though they could be.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
My only comment here is to make sure you do a little riding on a 550 before getting rid of your 800 and buying a 550. You may be disappointed in the performance compared to the 800. Just a suggestion if you haven't already done so. Just hate to see someone spend all that money unless they are sure they are getting what they want. A huge difference between the two engines.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Might want to consider the 550 X2 model. It is a two up machine with out the rear seat spring. No complaints from my passengers to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts