Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, mine blew apart the first time I used it other than on my plow. It wasn't even a hard pull. Took it to the shop today. Seems it is all plastic.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Thats why I bought a Warn for mine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I upgraded to the 3500#, does anyone know who builds them for Polaris? They've already replaced it and it's never pulled anything. I tried to wind it back in and it wouldn't engage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The latest news I received today is that the 12 month warranty is only good for six months. (I went to private school so I can't do Polaris math.) Even the dealer said "good god, it exploded". Nice Polaris. Geeez. You are pissing me off over a poor quality winch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heres a line right from my polaris dealer warranty guidelines.
Accessory winches purchased from Polaris carry the standard Pure Polaris accessory warranty which covers
replacement or parts for 1 year from customer date of purchase against manufacturer defect. Warranty does
not include service labor.
Im a Polaris dealer in Illinois/Iowa border and I have had a few that have had some problems but all in all its a good winch. Never had any problems getting the parts or winch covered if its under that 1 yr timelin and also have a receipt for it and the thing dosnt look abused. Dont be mad at polaris because they follow the rules, sounds like your dealer isnt following the rules.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the info. The guy I deal with in Indiana treated me right, he has a pretty good reputation. Also, the guy I bought my quad from in Minnesota is going to marry my daughter....lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer said they could not understand Polaris denied the warranty. They are contacting them again and assured me it would be taken care of. I still can't believe how it blew apart. The quad I was assisting was already cleared of any obstructions and I was easily pulling it to dry ground. Then it blew. Is there a plastic gear in there?? I picked up parts that appeared to be plastic. Should I upgrade or was this just a freek thing? I would rather pay for something that I don't need to worry about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey muddynoodle - where do you live? I would like to organize a trip to Wisconsin this fall with a few friends if you are interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2013 570 rzr ,the winch quit but the solenoid still kicks in but motor does nothing ,I touched it and it was very hot ,,what is the warranty for a 3500 polaris winch ,,my dealer counter girl tells me 6 months ,,,I thought 1 year ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts