Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started inspection to find an oil leak and found that the valve cover bolt that also holds down the oil fill tube / dipstick bracket was loose. Seems to be worn with threads on bolt shot as well as threads in aluminum head shot from vibration of bolt in hole. Thinking drilling and helicoil to fix the threads, but can't find the right valve cover bolt, as the set I ordered online are all shorter and the diagrams I've found online don't show a longer bolt for this bracket or a fill tube bracket that mounts here for that matter. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct parts diagram or encountered this before?

Thanks,

JF

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
No such thing as a 09 700 - can't find one on the Polaris site or my dealer parts site

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
Right and I was thinking maybe a 09' 850 because OP used the XP notation. BUT the XP uses a screw in dip-stick which screws into the case so no tube. I'm at a lose as well Latebird, going to need more info from the OP!!!

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
haha op was right but switched it up on us Latebird!!! OP we were thinking ATV not SxS, lol.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not sure if this is common for ‘09s yet, but often on eBay, you’ll find listings for “hardware” from people who have scrapped ATVs and SxS’s. They generally consist of boxes full of bolts and just about anything else you can think of that came off of a machine and can’t easily be sold individually. They’re generally listed as coming from a specific year/model of machine. These “lots” are usually very inexpensive, and in the two of them I’ve bought, provided me a plethora of spares and parts/bolts in better shape than the ones I had on the machines previously. There are usually enough pictures to identify whether a lot has the specific parts you need, and it sure beats paying $7.95 for a single NOS bolt.

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
I haven't done a lot of heli-coil but am familiar with that bolt and dipstick. That's a small fine thread bolt. My suggestion would be to tap it out to the next sive up bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts