Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open ended question for upgrades to my 850. Pretty well outfitted with all the Polaris add ons, winch, front/rear brush guards, hand guards, heated hand grips, front cargo box, rear deck 4" high bar.

Needing some new tires next year, I primarily ride at Cloud 9 Ranch in MO, lots of rocks/hills, some mud/water, also paved roads on the ranch. In addition, used for hunting purposes in IL. Looking for comments on what tires will fit on the stock rims and not cause any clearance issues.

I'd also like to add a waterproof radio of some sort, suggestions? Lastly, what about clutch kits/drive belt/lift kits (I know nothing about these)? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Unless you're putting heavy mud tires on when you upgrade, your stock 850 clutching will do just fine.

Most people here agree that OEM belts are the best for these machines. Aftermarket ones tend to be slightly out of spec and cause issues although not for everyone.

As for the tires, well there are lots of opinions about them. I have the GBC spartacus radials and they are tough as nails and the 27s make a nice fit on the XP. Can't go wrong with big horns either.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards a 6 ply radial tire of some sort. From what I have researched the radials are more durable and ride a bit better. Best Regards, PinkPup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where in southern Illinois are you? I'm in smithton just south of Belleville. How do you like cloud 9? I've never been there yet. I've got an 850xp I'd like to put a little more aggressive tire on but I ride a decent about of back roads too so want something that will last. I like that moto mtc tire also or the itp bajacross but haven't used any of those yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between St. Jacob and Highland, not too far from you. Cloud 9 is a blast. I went as a guest for 2 trips and ended up buying a membership for my wife and I. 6500 acres of fun, plenty of trails (130 or so, I think) for various degrees of skill level. I don't own a camper, but the rental units they have onsite are fine. We have a pair of 850 xp's, mine is an 2009 and her's is a 2012, of course she gets all the new stuff....I think Cloud 9 is running some specials and you can get a discount or free visit for a couple of days to check the place out. You may want to give them a ring to find out or check out their website. It's about 4:45 min drive from my house, pulling a trailer with 2-3 bikes on it. You would probably be closer to 4-4:20 min drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright cool ill have to check it out. My parents have a toyhauler 5th wheel that we can put the toys in which is nice. Thanks for the info bud

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man I miss Cloud 9 ranch riding. I am trying to talk wifey into getting a membership there. but I don't want to pay for the 1000 dollar one the ranch sells as people are always selling them locally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh wow that's expensive. We haven't went yet but have been talking about it. I also want to go to washita off road park in Farmington.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts