Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Tyler and im new to the site. I am sorry this is my first post but i have to do what i have to do.

I have a 2009 850xp eps le for sale. The bike has 45.7hours on it and comes with the following for the LE package.
-Nuclear Sunset LE Paint
-LE 14 rims black and Machined Alum.
-Front Brush Gaurd with PIAA lights
-Front Warn Winch 2500 or 3000 not sure
- Rear Rack Extender and Work Lights on the Rear
-Front storage rack with easy access to fluids and elec

The following was added by the dealer or myself.
-27" xtr with ss212 black and machined alum.(D)
-HMF fuel optimizer and Swamp XL exhaust.(M)
-Rear Gorrilla 3000# Winch with snatch block(M)

This bike comes with both sets of wheels and tires, Extra Belt($180 value.) The LE tires that came on the bike have about 5 or so miles not many the rest are on the 27s.
This bike is very powerfull and is a beauty has very very minor scratches on rear render from trail riding. Also has scratches on front brush gaurd from the winch. The angle that the winches sit on these 850s are low and pulling up an over has caused it to rub on the brush gaurd.

Bike was just serviced at 45hrs and had a the belt replaced from me leaving it in High by mistake.:oops:

Anyways i am asking $8000obo.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike has approximately 225miles on it. Has no broken plastic. I dropped it off at the dealership this am for them to try and sell it also. They are supposed to be getting some pictures made and putting it on a website i think its atvtrader.com but im not sure i will call up there and let you know.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow! I wish I didn't already have an XP or I would be talking to you!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Bike was just serviced at 45hrs and had a the belt replaced from me leaving it in High by mistake.:eek:ops

Just wondering, you had the belt replaced cause you left it in high? what does that mean? you left in in high while transporting it or?
i can answer this:

what he means by leaving it in high is that the primary clutch is always spinning with the crankshaft, even if the machine is stopped. so the machine is not moving, the secondary clutch is not moving, the belt is not moving, but the primary is spinning around and around on one spot on the belt. this can quickly create a lot of heat and wear on just that one section of belt, and you get what is commonly called an "hourglassed" belt, or one section of the belt is now skinnier then the rest.

so rule of thumb is that if your gonna hop off for 30 seconds or 1 minute, it wont do any harm to let it idle in high, but for any longer period of time, you will want to put the quad in neutral so that belt can freespin insided the housing. if the machine is off, there is no harm what so ever to leave in in high gear, or any gear for that matter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts