Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
New to the forum and have a question, if it has been asked before and you could point me to the thread I would appreciate it. If not feel free to answer here.

Problem:
2009 Big Boss 6x6. Battery light is flashing on the display as well as the speedometer needle(both are flashing). It started with a slow (slight dragging) on startup. Drove the machine for a couple of minutes and the symptoms started to show with the machine running very rough, I turned the lights off and the machine ran a little better. Ran like this for several minutes and shut the machine off and would not start again.

It seems to me that the charging system is/has failed due to the fact that the machine ran a little better when I turned the lights off. This tells me that the machine without me knowing or noticing was running off the battery and once the voltage dropped enough on the battery it started to act up.
This battery was replaced 2.5 months ago, I checked the connections from the cables to the battery and cleaned them very well so I don't think its a connection problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jerry

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duck,
Have not checked the voltage, too busy trying to get it back to the ranch house and by that time the machine was dead and had to be towed in, would not start again(just clicking). It should be charged now but I think I will replace the stator and then run a volt meter if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks,
Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts