Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a Polaris before so I'm looking for some solid info regarding the 2009 models and what I should expect to pay.

I'm looking to buy a Polaris this week. I priced a 2009 Sportsman 500 HO X2 today at $6799. The MSRP is $8299. I know there is a $1000 rebate on the 2009's so based on that, I'm getting an additional $500 off list.

Additional costs are $229 freight and handling and $250 set up.

Does this sound like a good deal? Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
well, not bad.....i also do sales at a polaris dealership. there is only a $500 rebate through feburary on that machine.

im never a fan of the freight and set-up cost, i thinks those fees are crap. but, if you can get the machine for $7300 with those fees, i cant say exactly, but lets just say the dealer is loosing money at $7300

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, not bad.....i also do sales at a polaris dealership. there is only a $500 rebate through feburary on that machine.

im never a fan of the freight and set-up cost, i thinks those fees are crap. but, if you can get the machine for $7300 with those fees, i cant say exactly, but lets just say the dealer is loosing money at $7300

I appreciate your quick response Blueline! The salesman said there was a $1000 rebate so I will hold them to it. I took a picture of the atv and price tag today so I have some proof when I go back to get it.

So one other thing...... I'm also looking at the Polaris 50 for my 9 year old. The quote on it was $1999 with $249 freight and $200 set up. There are three Polaris dealers within 30 miles of each other. Is it common to get a dealer to drop those fees to get the sale?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
no problem...i checked the dealer site before i posted, and the only machines with a $1000 rebate from polaris is the Ranger Crew and the 07-09 Sportsman 700 and 800 EFI. either way bottom line price it pretty good.

there are making a killing on that little 90!!!! holy crap! tell them they can take there freight and setup fees and stuff it, seriously. they dont need those fees, and yes even small shops can do it. i work (summer right now, full time student) at a small polaris shop, 7 employees through the whole store is all we had. yes, it is true there are freight and setup fees the dealer has to pay from polaris. but $1999 out the door is a good fair price....$2449 is not! a dealer is still making a little over $100 at $1999....that $249 freight and $200 setup is all excess money in their pocket. if they arent willing to drop the those two fees, i know in this economy you can find a dealer that will. dont pay more then $1999 for a 50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts