Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere I can buy aftermarket plastic for this? I have been unsuccessful trying to find anything. This thing has been babied. It only has 288 miles and was in perfect condition until it got ridden off a 20 foot embankment, landed on a rock bluff, then tumbled 10 more feet down into a river during hunting season this year. The back plastic is fine, but it broke the hi beam headlight assembly, the front plastic is broke off on both sides of the machine, and the storage box came off and floated down the river. I changed the spark plug, drained the gas and put new in, new air filter and I have changed the oil 6 times now. Finally back to looking like oil should. I ordered a new lower control arm today because it bent on the initial impact. I wanted to make sure it ran before I actually started replacing the broken parts. But finding replacement plastic is ridiculous. Are there newer models that the plastic will fit on this machine? Minimal damage for a flight onto rocks and then into the river.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
There won't be anything aftermarket. It will need to be OEM. You can try powersportsnation.com for used parts. They have new inventory every week. Or check ebay. There might be some there too. The same body style was used for several years. Unfortunately it looks like they changed in 2010. Your plastics were used on the 2009 and 2010 500 and 800 models for sure. I think that is the same as our 2007 Sportsman too. The cross reference table only goes by the part number. If there were any changes to the part, no matter how minor, the number would change so there might be other years that will fit. It might be available from Polaris still. Really expensive though I bet. However a dealership can tell you what will fit and what won't.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
The upper half of the headlight pod (5436819-498) was the same for the following models:
The lower half (5436747-070) was the same for these models:

The front fender (5437844-498) was the same for these models:

And the front cover (2632936-177) was the same for these:

Total cost of these 4 parts is $905 - how much is the deductible on your insurance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you too both of you for the reply! This helps me out alot! Unfortunately, no insurance. This was my mother-in-laws. I did the recovery of the machine, they left it in my barn, didn't want to trailer it home and mess with it so they gave me the title, and went out and bought a new one already. She only uses it for hunting once a year. So I figured I would try to put it back together and get a smoking deal on a low mileage machine. First Polaris I will have owned. I have the 2007 Suzuki King Quad 700, and a 01 Raptor 660R.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've been looking at partzilla.com for oem plastics for my 08 500. These stupid front storage boxes aren't cheap!
No they aren't. The few pieces of plastic I have found that are out there, I don't feel like the price is right for the damage they have. I can just pop rivet this thing back together . It is only going to be getting used on my farm anyway.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
No they aren't. The few pieces of plastic I have found that are out there, I don't feel like the price is right for the damage they have. I can just pop rivet this thing back together . It is only going to be getting used on my farm anyway.
Doctor Frankenstein LIVES! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts