Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this page and let me start by saying how helpful it has been to me. So I decided to sign up and I'm glad I did. On another note I'm torn between two specific tires. Not because of their abilities, but because of their actual diameter sizes. Okay maybe a little on abilities as well haha!! But which tire would be better 27" swamp lites, or 28" zillas? No lift no mods and no clutch kit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
96 Posts
depends on the type of rideing you do withthat big of tire you will need a cluch kit never rode a 550 they mite run good with big tires i have a 850 xp and whent fro 26 to 27 and lost a fair amount of bottom end the qsc cluch kit cured all that.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You may have to bend your sway bar with aftermarket/wider tires. Assuming you still stock tires. I've read Swamplites wear quickly on hardpack/pavement.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to this page and let me start by saying how helpful it has been to me. So I decided to sign up and I'm glad I did. On another note I'm torn between two specific tires. Not because of their abilities, but because of their actual diameter sizes. Okay maybe a little on abilities as well haha!! But which tire would be better 27" swamp lites, or 28" zillas? No lift no mods and no clutch kit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
27's will fit on your 550 at stock height but like Chickenhawk said on the rear using stock wheels you may have a clearance problem on the swaybar that was a problem on the '09's...the Zilla's are a light tire and shouldn't rob you of too much power. Just watch the tire width's on the rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I bend the sway bar will it affect anything negatively?
No, you'll be fine...I bent mine about an inch or so on both sides.
I took some measurements on and off vehicle, put the swaybar in a vise and took a pipe and SLOWLY made small bends to get both sides inward about 3/4 to 1" where i wanted it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 28 zillas on the oem steel wheels on my 09 550xp with no mods and they are fine so long as your bushings are not totally sloppy. Mine got totally sloppy and they began to hit those little nubs on the inside of the zillas (only on hard turns and not really a problem). I changed my bushings and now there's more than an inch clear again. All oem, no clutch kit. Zillas are light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts