Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Polaris Sportsman 800 HO EFI
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question I have about my newly used sportsman. I realized the coolant recovery bottle was always empty. So I opened it and add coolant to it to the mark. Question is there is no hose inside the recovery bottle. Hose is only connected to the bottle cap. Can someone let me know if there should be a short piece of hose inside the bottle also?

·
12,680 Posts
The coolant line for the recovery bottle runs from the bottom of the bottle to the radiator filler neck. The hose out the top is just for overflow if any.
You need to check the line to the radiator filler neck and top up the radiator AND the bottle. If you still lose coolant then you have something else wrong. Maybe a head gasket or water pump leak.

·
Registered
2009 Polaris Sportsman 800 HO EFI
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The coolant line for the recovery bottle runs from the bottom of the bottle to the radiator filler neck. The hose out the top is just for overflow if any.
You need to check the line to the radiator filler neck and top up the radiator AND the bottle. If you still lose coolant then you have something else wrong. Maybe a head gasket or water pump leak.
I figured there should be one on the bottom of the bottle but I don't remember being there. Will double check over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,082 Posts

Reactions: kristof
1 - 4 of 4 Posts