Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to this forum and would appreciate some info. on a winch option for a 09 Sportsman 800. I am picking up a new 09' this weekend. I will not be doing any extreme off road adventures, but will be using it mostly around our property to plow and move trees and so on.

I did try a search and couldn't find something specific to winch choices. I apologize in advance if I have missed something that has already been posted on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have continued to search and have found some posts on winches.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Winches

stay away from the polaris 2500, my dealer even told me after mine went out that the had a bad history with them , i got the 3500 good winch a little pricey though, I recomend the wireless remote if your going to be pullin stuff around the yard. Love mine worth every penney not having to walk back and forth to the machine to winch. I never had a problem with warn , a good overall winch. :yaya:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go with the 3500 minimum. The 2500 did not last a year with me....then again my first 3500 didn't either.:naughty:[drum broke on the 3500].

These machines are way too heavy for the 2500.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
2500 polaris winches had a bunch of bad contactors that would fail quickly.

warn makes a pretty good winch IMO, that would be the way to go

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had 3 Polaris winches on the last 10 years
lots of intensive usage
no failure
so I beg to differ

j-p

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sorry to sound like a smart ass but polaris hasnt made there own winch for 10 years they came out in 2007. before that they used warn winches. which is a top of the line winch.

·
Registered
667 Posts
buy a warn, not the made in china winch polaris sells now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've read a few threads about the Polaris winch being junk so I was very nervous when I used mine to pull my RV out of a frozen wheel rut.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used Superwinch on my last 3 wheelers, never had any
issues. Make sure you get the water proof winch. They seem to take
more of everything you give them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts