Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fan works when direct voltage applied to, otherwise does not come on, bad temp sensor? Machine only has 800 Kms on it

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If not temp sensor I'm just gonna put it on a toggle

·
Registered
222 Posts
There could be a small 20 amp breaker that protects the fan circuit. If it gets corroded or goes bad, no power to the fan. Look in the fuse box area. Not sure where or if there is one on these. The Rzrs were having probs. If you find it, examine connections. This is always hot, so disconnect the battery if you work on it or you could fry the computer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't find a fuse or breaker, no fuse panel on theese I think

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was my suspicion

·
Registered
222 Posts
My 2011 400 had fuse panel under panel under the light pod. The circut breaker could even be back by the battery wrapped up in a harness. It is about 1" by 2" part.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is mine on my ranger 570

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I changed the temp sensor and the circut breaker, still no fan. Both upper and lower rad hoses are warm and engine does not seem to overheat so I assume thermo and water pump are working correctly. Temp sensor at block? My only problem seems to be a hot steaming rad, otherwise bike is running as it should. Any ideas, Is it safe to run the fan direct to a 12V sorce that is on when the bikes on?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have heard some have a bypass switch to turn off the fan in deep water, so I would think you could fix it to manually turn on as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts