Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a new 500 HO . Just wanted some input on the model. Good price range , dealer mark up , snow pushing ability, and anything else you think I might need to know.
Thanks
Greg

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one .i can't tell you about mark up and such.

I have a 54" warn plow on mine and have to say it is pretty well unstoppable.get lots of snow here.just have stock tires on it

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i work parts and sales during the summer at a shop. i can help you get ballpark figures on mark-ups, ect. i cant tell you exactly what it is though. have you got a quote yet on a machine?

·
Registered
157 Posts
500 ho

I got a new 09 500 ho with 0 miles out of mn for 4995.00 and shipped to nc for 340.00.hard to beat that.mies outland in mn look at thier website and call and ask for john in sales.they have plenty more

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they had one for $ 5700.00 and $1000.00 rebate . What I don't want to pay for is set up cost and add ons like that .

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking into it the $1000.00 rebate is only on 2009 so that is where the $4999.00 is coming from, and the $5700.00 I was seeing on the 2010 was a $250.00 rebate , so now I'm checking around for a 2009 500. Thanks for everyone's input! By the way what's the difference between the 2009 & 2010 ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I dont think there is any difference between 09 or 10. just that one says 2009 and the other 2010. and the 09 will be less costly. And dont worry about defects cuz this tough quad has been time tested. Are you looking at efi or carb?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I'm looking for the carb , I assume it's cheaper .

·
Registered
157 Posts

yeah mine is a new 09 carb.model and they have a truckload of them in green or red,wasnt but 391.00 to ship

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, nothing special between '09 and 10. carbed is usually about $1k cheaper then EFI, but you loose the EFI and ADC too

sent you a PM too

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like EFI, It starts better in cold weather. But carb is fine too. Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes blueline is right! ADC is nice to have. You may never use it, but when you need it, its a life line, if your brakes quit or somethig.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a Silverado extended cab with regular bed , will the Sportsman 500 fit between the fender wells and the tailgate up?
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've never had had any cold weather starting issues with the carb.Mine was delivered in a silverado.It fit,Kinda tight i guess. But no problem

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes it will fit in the bed of that truck. If you have a winch watch your window. If you 'bump' the glass with your winch hook it will shatter. My friend made a wheel stop with a 6x6 upright across the bed with two 2x4's going from the 6x6 to the front of the bed. He just lays it in the bed and drives up and the wheels stop at the 6x6 and the winch is about 4 inches from his window. Simple and it works.
I plowed snow, here in Alaska, with a 98 SP 500 carb for 10 years. Worked great and I never had a starting issue - carb and choke were OK. I had a 60" plow blade. I now plow with an 08 500 EFI. It also does a great job and has a 60" plow. If the snow is wet and heavy you usually have to take less then a full blade of snow. If it's dry then it will push a full blade on snow with no problem. So go get one and have fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes it will fit in the bed of that truck. If you have a winch watch your window. If you 'bump' the glass with your winch hook it will shatter. My friend made a wheel stop with a 6x6 upright across the bed with two 2x4's going from the 6x6 to the front of the bed. He just lays it in the bed and drives up and the wheels stop at the 6x6 and the winch is about 4 inches from his window. Simple and it works. I plowed snow, here in Alaska, with a 98 SP 500 carb for 10 years. Worked great and I never had a starting issue - carb and choke were OK. I had a 60" plow blade. I now plow with an 08 500 EFI. It also does a great job and has a 60" plow. If the snow is wet and heavy you usually have to take less then a full blade of snow. If it's dry then it will push a full blade on snow with no problem. So go get one and have fun.
Ya i just find efi quicker i guess, I had a honda 400 carb before and it was fun starting it at -36C. and thats strait out of a heated shop. My new polaris efi system works better cuz when i leave it out in the cold and head back out after like 30min. it still starts like a champ. But hey we all have our own opinions.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I'm going to get it tomorrow, a red 09 500 HO! Can't wait!
Thanks for everyones help !

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Pics of My 500 HO

POLARIS 500 HO 2009 001 (Small).jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts