Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have no clue what I'm talking about. This bike 2010 500HO does not have power steering right. I'm pretty sure it does not. Also what is EBS short for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any other terms and lingo you think I may not know of, I probably don't. Feel free to throw some extra basic simple knowledge at me. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Only the XP model ATV's come with power steering. EBS stands for Engine Braking System :yahoocool:
correct! only the XP's get the power steering, and EBS is indeed Engine braking system.

it slows the machine down as soon as you let off the throttle.

another term: ADC

active decent control- basically provides engine braking to the front wheels when at a slow speed going down hill. will restrict the quad from going faster then 5-6 mph downhill without using the brakes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only the XP model ATV's come with power steering. EBS stands for Engine Braking System :yahoocool:
correct! only the XP's get the power steering, and EBS is indeed Engine braking system.

it slows the machine down as soon as you let off the throttle.

another term: ADC

active decent control- basically provides engine braking to the front wheels when at a slow speed going down hill. will restrict the quad from going faster then 5-6 mph downhill without using the brakes.
My wife's 550 XP EPS has ADC... I sure wish my dinosaur 800 had it :lmao:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, appreciate the knowledgeable information and responses. A fella that knows squat, loves to learn!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys, appreciate the knowledgeable information and responses. A fella that knows squat, loves to learn!!!
Everybody has to learn sometime, somewhere LOL. I wish I knew about this place when I bought my 1st ATV.... Instead, I learned almost everything on my own and sometimes the hard way!:rofl:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
no problem man. dont be shy about asking question. everybody has to learn somehow. i wouldnt expect this stuff to be general knowledge. just happy to help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts