Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 500 wont start after it sets for like a month but give a shot of starting fluid and fires up then its fine ,has anyone else had this problemhttp://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I have the same machine

and a 98 sporty too. Both can sit weeks on end and fire up almost instantly. I do put either polaris carbon clean or startron in the fuel regularly. not sure if that really helps but the start, warm up and run great with no hesitations and smoothly. i also run startron in my 4runner, helps it run much smoother both cold and warmed up. i do this because non-ethanol fuels is 4 hours away from me in any direction (texas has so few stations yet i see almost al states north and east of here with hundreds, why??) doesn't sound like you have any intake leaks. you might try OPT (old polaris tech) on atvconnection.com He is quite knowledgeable and willing to share/help folks out. Call him out in your question.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When mine acted the same as you described. I changed the plug and added seafoam to the gas. That was about 6 years ago. Now I change the plug every other year if it needs it or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts