Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2010 850 Touring. About 50 hrs on it. Had the Power Commanded, Hot Seat and QSC Clutch installed by the dealer. within days the bike started firing stange. so I pulled the plugs and found the rear plug was damaged, looked like the cylinder was hitting it. Replaced the plug and rode it all day and the next day it did the same thing. Pulled the rear plug and it looks like the cyliner was hitting it. Called the dealler and they are looking into it. Called Adam at QSC. ( Great Guy, Great Product) Yes, they were the specified plugs and it really ran good all day, responsive and plently of power. The one thing I can say is i am riding it more aggressie with the mods but it runs great. Can anyone please offer some advise on why they think the rear plug is getting hit? Did it every happen to anyone out there even though it was a different quad? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
This sounds wierd!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think you need to take it back to the dealer that installed all the parts and ask them to check it out. Cylinders hitting the plugs is not good! You could have a defective head.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
It had no problems until you did the upgrades? What does "power commanded" mean?
a power commander basically is a piggyback unit on the EFI system. If you make any kind of significant change to the intake or exhaust of an EFI machine, the mapping for the amount of fuel gets off, and the machine usually runs lean. A powercommander allows you to change your fuel/air ratio by pressing either the (+) or (-) button, same effect as rejetting a carb has. when you richen or lean out the fuel manually.
so basically your EFI system looks at the air flow sensor in the intake or throttle body, and the how much oxygen is in the exhaust from the O2 sensor, and sends a signal to the fuel injects for X amount of fuel, but a power commander intercepts that signal, and either adds to or subtracts from it depending what you have selected it to do, and then sends it to the injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts