Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post so be easy on me. I just bought a 2010 850 xp with tracks that were not mounted. not sure which type but look like the pro s. it has all the hardware and brackets but no manual. the owner said he had the dealer do it each time.I have contacted a couple of dealers and they had said that they cannot get them.

any help or link would be great. thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the replies. they are for sure polaris tracks that are all season. I have contacted polaris and the dealers and they do not seem to want to help.one dealer told me they want them to install them so polaris does not make it easy to get. I can probably post pics when I figure out how too

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
By the pictures it looks to me like they just bolt on to your hubs after you take your wheels off. The 4 little rusty looking spots on the center picture I bet line right up with your lugs. I've never put a set on, but it doesn't look that hard.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There should be specific brackets for your machine that mount to the front and rear a-arms. The brackets hold the anti-rotation bar in place. Very simple install, it does help to have 2 people. I always put my track on a creeper and jacked the machine up to roll it into place.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^I wouldnt think there would be and, but i do believe they wont work with some front bumpers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so I have found a helpful dealer!! the customer service was no help so I tried one last dealer and the guy actually photocopied there shop installation manual!! as for the a arm guards there is no way to have them on as the bracket bolts on to the arm and looks like it basically covers the whole a arm. I have not looked to deep into the rear mounts but I assume they would be a similar set up. thanx for all the replies!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, I have a set of tracks for my 800 X2, but im not 100% sure how to tell the front from the rear track?
I assume that the large sprocket go up front and the smaller in the rear, but I really don't have much to go on to come to that conclusion except it is what I did, haven't riden it yet, anyone care to chime in and set me straight?

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, I have a set of tracks for my 800 X2, but im not 100% sure how to tell the front from the rear track?
I assume that the large sprocket go up front and the smaller in the rear, but I really don't have much to go on to come to that conclusion except it is what I did, haven't riden it yet, anyone care to chime in and set me straight?
Right - the larger (more teeth) sproket goes on the front. At least that's the way my Camoplast Tatou 4s system is. And the rear track generally has a "longer" flat surface on the bottom. Can't believe you guys can't get installation manuals. Look on YouTube? There is some adjustment to the anti-rotation bars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts