Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ATV Junkie
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the changes going to be for next year? Don't they normally release the new models in the late summer?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I haven't heard a thing, I know those that want the 850 in the Touring model!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Hey welcome to the board Duramax! You don't own a Chevy do you!:schleich:

·
Registered
173 Posts
i hope a new scrambler with irs and put eps on the 500s and 800s

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like what your thinking there PolarMud....
Yeah, since the XPs have come out, the 500s and 800s get no love at all. I think the addition of EPS would be the greatest thing for it. It would take it to another level of comfort and control. The "old" sportsmans still have a plusher ridding IRS than any of the other brands. I don't mind the struts, even though they are hard on ball joints. I have to say the Polaris struts are very plush and soft as compared to some of the Dual A-arm systems out there. My only negative against the "old" Sportsmans is that they don't have any kind of sportiness to it as compared to the Jap quads. This is where the XP really shines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have never figured out how magazine writers and "reviewers" have come up with the notion that the Sportsmans have the "plushest" ride. I have read numerous reviews claiming this. I have a 2008 Sportsman 500 Touring that we took to Colorado Gunnison forest last year (300 + miles) and have taken to SW Arkansas several times. It rides OK, but not plush by any means (I guess it depends on if you are comparing it to a Honda... then it is plush). The Sportsman has many plus'... I believe ease of maintenance is the biggest. Engineers actually figured out how to easily change all of the fluids. I do like the Sportsman... but not for it's ride. We also have a CanAm 800 MAX. It's been around since 2006. We have taken numerous couples with us including our daughter and her husband last year to CO. The difference in ride between the 2 is like night and day. Passengers would almost beg to ride the CanAm by the end of a hard mountain drive. CanAm with Heavy duty springs on hardest setting and the 500 touring on the lightest setting. Any one that ever compares the plushness of ride between these 2 and claims the Touring is the best....is as biased in their thinking as my friend Wes (or has just never riden an Outy MAX. 2 cents worth.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well dern BWB why don't you tell us how you really feel! ;)

I do agree, lots of people are probably biased or believe that just because magazines say so. But I've compared it to the new Grizzly 700 and a Honda Rincon and another guys Kawasaki and I love it compared to theirs. So far for me it's hands down the nicest ride I have been on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife has a 09 xp550 and it blows my 700 grizzly away in ride and her power steering is much nicer than the grizzly with power steering. grizzly has more power yet not all that much. We have been in deep mud and she just goes through it all. I would like to get a new machine this fall and will wait to see what's coming out with new machines. I leaning toward the xp850.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts