Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my dead battery with a new Interstate battery which works great.
My problem is: After hooking up the new battery and cranking up the machine, I noticed I had NO power Steering. There's a orange light on the display. Has anyone else had this same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Have a 2012 sportsman 550 xp touring , and was having the same issue , it turns out that eps unit takes alot of volts to run it and that causes the powersteering light to come on , it actually did it the other day after i started it , it was sitting for a week and the battery was low on volts from sitting and low and behold , powersteering light comes on and also lost my gear selector lights and my 4x4 indicator light , had to restart it several times and it came out of it ,. did this just start happening after you installed the new battery ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
follow some of my questions that i have asked and see the answers i have gotten , you will get the idea ,. and ive talked to my dealer and we all agree on the same thing ,.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Probably have codes set due to the low voltage. Try removing both cables from the battery (no power to the harness or quad) and touching just the cable ends together. That will erase any code memory set in the modules. Then reconnect cables and re-evaluate the steering operation. Buddy

·
Registered
15 Posts
when the system detects low voltage, it shuts down the eps system , i even had a new eps system put into my bike because it was under 200 miles and it was doing it constant , mostly paid by warranty,the new eps unit is for a 2013 unit and my bike is a 2012 , and i still have off and on issues with it today ,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts