Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thank you for reading my post. I m Russell from East Texas. New to the forum. Recently retired from the US Air Force.

I have been helping my uncle with his Ranger and haven’t been very successful. His issues started this past spring. His Ranger would be running along just fine then it would start backfiring. We changed the TPS, throttle body, batter, voltage regulator twice, and the stator. This has been over several months and two dealers. The problem would be good for a short time and then would start backfiring again and then have a dead battery. We have figured out that it charges intermittently. I have an appointment to take it back to the dealer on the 22nd. Any ideas of what I should be checking between now and then? Fire away with any questions or suggestions. Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I decided to check the voltage regulator again. Not charging. I disconnected the Voltage Regulator and connected an old one that we removed at the beginning of this drama. It started charging. For kicks I reconnected the regulator that I had just removed and it’s now charging. Disconnect it again and applied dielectric grease to the three connectors. Reinstalled and it’s still charging. It’s been a few days since I went through this operation. Will keep watching it

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
First off thank you for reading my post. I m Russell from East Texas. New to the forum. Recently retired from the US Air Force.

I have been helping my uncle with his Ranger and haven’t been very successful. His issues started this past spring. His Ranger would be running along just fine then it would start backfiring. We changed the TPS, throttle body, batter, voltage regulator twice, and the stator. This has been over several months and two dealers. The problem would be good for a short time and then would start backfiring again and then have a dead battery. We have figured out that it charges intermittently. I have an appointment to take it back to the dealer on the 22nd. Any ideas of what I should be checking between now and then? Fire away with any questions or suggestions. Russ
Welcome to the forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts