Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2010 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO and want to mount a Warn Plow to it. I asked Warn, what base plate do I use for this model. They told me a 78395. I recieved this plate and it does not fit this ATV. I dont think that the Polaris rep knows what he is talking about and or just doesnt care to research the issue. I am now stuck with a warn plow and plate that does not fit. I went to the warn fitiment site and they do not have a plate listed for the 2010 500 HO model.
Does anyone have any idea what plate I need? I have attached a picture of the underneath of the ATV and as you can see in the picture, there is a hump that keeps the plate from lying flat. Either there is a plate that works with this hump, or I need to grind the hump down (not what I want to do).

I could just sell the plow and buy another model if Warn does not have a plate for this ATV.
Any help would be appreciated. Winter is coming.....
RockyMtnMatt

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it possible to mount the plate in front of the tab on the quad, instead of behind it? does that give you enough clearance beside the frame? Not sure how that would affect any of the other mounting locations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warn

Finally got an answer from Warn.
It seems that my 2010 Polaris 500 HO has a 2011 frame on it, and they are almost done designing a plate to fit the 2011 model.

So does anyone make a Plow to fit a 2011 Polaris 500 HO?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found a mount for my Tusk plow (American Eagle Manufacturing) through Promark Offroad, and it too had to be specific to the 2011 model. You might see if your Warn plow push tubes are the same quick-release type as the Tusk plow, maybe it will work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts