Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my sportsman cut out. While driving it (was the fiance, not me), the display turned off and the four wheeler died, then started right back on it's own. Right now the display won't come on and it won't crank (unless jumped at the starter solenoid, cranks but no fire). The battery is good, connections are cleaned, all fuses are good, and the 3 wires coming off the solenoid all have 12V. Next step would be check the power at the display/ignition, but I don't know which wires at the display/ignition should have power. I need some advice in that direction.
I wired up a winch not that long ago, and used the orange/white wire for power to the solenoid for it. I believe that is the accessory wire, specifically there to provide power to something aftermarket only when the key is on. But is has no voltage with the key on. Obviously this wire would be after the ignition switch, and since it has no power, would suggest that the ignition likely doesn't have power either. Basically I hate electrical problems and any suggestions/advice is appreciated lol

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Those have had issues with chafed wires along the steering stem. You'll need to remove the wiring from the conduit and look for some broken or rubbed raw wires.
Any blown fuses? Power point have any juice to it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were right, the power wire to the ignition switch was broke. Spliced it back together and away she went. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts