Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys recently purchased a used 2010 550 Sportsman with 8k on it. got a brain twister here for you. this thing starts up and runs an drives but, BUT if you don't rev the throttle up within the first 8-10 seconds of initial fire up this thing will die, like spark was shut off instantly. if I rev up the throttle a couple times after it starts it seems to keep running, but If I just start the machine and don't touch anything it will die within 8-10 seconds everytime. there is the check engine light and a code on the cluster I will add the code tonight when im home but I researched it and it comes back as a MAP code. that being said I removed the map sensor and cleaned with carb cleaner and light compressed air, also checked for corroded wirring but nothing there and no help to the issue. COULD THE MAP SENSOR TRIGGER THIS? or TPS? I also stuck a short junk of a zip tie into the throttle switch on the handle bars to determine it wasn't that switch and that doesnt help either, sensor is $190 an I hate to buy it on an assumption. any thoughts? a little history on it is this thing was in tough shape I have replaced all the suspension components, brakes rebuilt both clutches new rubber and rims new automotive paint job new front DIff. new CV boots new plug all fluids air filter new battery. sick of sticking money into this thing but I bought it for a few hundred bux on an auction so that helps an doing all work myself

1 - 1 of 1 Posts