Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised to see a lack of discussion on price on here...

I just purchased a Sportsman 550 X2.. First and only one my dealer received thus far. Paid $8,400 for it before tax, title, etc. I'm guessing I could have done better - didn't really argue at all, as I had no real information to base my negotiations on. He said "I can give it to you for this price." I said "Can you do better?", to which he replied "No." I then said "How about if I agree to order $1k of accessories", and he in turn gave me a fair (~15-20%) discount off all accessories as well.

I didn't walk away feeling I got the deal of the century, but then again, I didn't feel I got completely screwed either. In the end he offered to throw in a free sticker to use our local Snow Shoe trail system (which is where I'll be doing most of my riding), so I at least have that going for me. How are others fairing?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm surprised to see a lack of discussion on price on here...

I just purchased a Sportsman 550 X2.. First and only one my dealer received thus far. Paid $8,400 for it before tax, title, etc. I'm guessing I could have done better - didn't really argue at all, as I had no real information to base my negotiations on. He said "I can give it to you for this price." I said "Can you do better?", to which he replied "No." I then said "How about if I agree to order $1k of accessories", and he in turn gave me a fair (~15-20%) discount off all accessories as well.

I didn't walk away feeling I got the deal of the century, but then again, I didn't feel I got completely screwed either. In the end he offered to throw in a free sticker to use our local Snow Shoe trail system (which is where I'll be doing most of my riding), so I at least have that going for me. How are others fairing?

I bought mine Saturday at us1 power sports in Saint Augustine Florida and out the door paid 7k tax forestry sticker and had a 300 dollar credit towards anything I wanted. I got the deluxe front and rear bumpers, Paul is who I bought it from.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really don't think polaris sold very many of these machines. I am waiting for the 850 X2 with EPS.
Let us know how you like the 550 X2...... I am sure that it is a great machine.... I love my 700 X2.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really don't think polaris sold very many of these machines. I am waiting for the 850 X2 with EPS.
Let us know how you like the 550 X2...... I am sure that it is a great machine.... I love my 700 X2.
X2

I sure wish they would hurry up and release an 850 X2 version with EPS.

I keep thinking there might be a chance yet for a 2010 LE, like we are wanting.

P

·
0 Posts
I went into a dealer and found a 2010 550 XT EPS Hunter (Browning LE) for $9,000 CAD.

I ended up picking up a new Stealth Black 2009 850 XT EPS with the 3500lb winch and synthetic rope for $9990 CAD.

As long as I am happy with the unit when I left and after each ride, I will be satisfied. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 2010 Polaris Sportsman 550 X2 ATV is the most versatile ATV on The planet. It is the perfect Utility ATV when in rear cargo mode, and the ideal 2-person touring ATV when in 2-up mode.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got my 2010 X2 for about $8500 out the door. That included a Polaris #2500 winch installed. I felt like it was a good deal considering the tax, title and all that was around $1000 and the winch was normally $500 installed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just received my 2011 X2, 2 weeks ago. Out the door for $7616. How 'bout that deal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts