Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 2010 Sportsman 800 still has the stock Carlisle AT 489s. I am ready to put some grip on my bike. I'm just not sure which direction to go. My Dad has a set of swamplites on a kodiak 400 and loves them. Where we ride, we ride on blacktop, gravel, hard pack, climbing (we have some sloppy hills we have to go up and down) and some mud. Mud isn't everywhere but when I find it, I want to doze through it. So I need some reliable grip that will last the longest from encountering pavement. I've looked at Outlaw MSTs, Swamplites, Reptiles, and GBC Spartacus. Also what size is right for stock wheels and no lift? I was thinking 26x9x12 for the front and 26x12x12 for the rear? Any and all advice on tires and sizes is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you ride hardpack, I do NOT suggest the swamplites. They wear quickly on the hardpack. I would chose either the spartacus or the outlaw mst. The outlaw mst has a good rubber compound that will last, and it also does really well in the mud. Not sure about longevity compared to the spartacus, but it will outlast the swamplites and outperform them in the mud.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Take a look at the new Itp Mega mayhem. I just picked up a set for mine and they are really nice but may be a little more aggressive than you need. The 26s are a nice size for all around but you have power and room for more if needed. The megas only come in 27 & 28 but the mayhem has smaller sizes (smaller lugs also).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. What is a safe size (front and rear) to stick with so that I don't have to do any mods? Also what's a good size to get the most performance out of the atv?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went with the Outlaw MST in 27" with no lift on my 2008 800 H.O. Man are these suckers mean. I have absolutely zero complaints!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the Outlaw MST in 27" with no lift on my 2008 800 H.O. Man are these suckers mean. I have absolutely zero complaints!!!
Great looking ride. Thanks for the info. I've been leaning toward those. I may have to grab a set soon. Which widths did you go with? Any rubbing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts