Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally signed up to this website (long time lurker) with the intention to see what options I have for a tuner/exhaust combo for my 2010 Sportsman 800 EFI. Ive looked at websites big gun and HMF exhaust. I cannot find too many other options for my model ATV. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this model that could help me? Ive been undecided on this mod for my ride for some time tho it is something I really feel is necessary.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 2011 sportsman 800 that I run a Quad Shop Customs exhaust on. This is only the muffler. Definitely gave it a deeper rumble and I think it helped to lean the bike out a little as they run extremely rich from factory. As far as sound it probably sounds a little better than factory but just keep in mind that parallel twin will never sound like a v-twin. For programmers I really don't know. I imagine HMF, FMF, and maybe a few others have them.

This is the link to the youtube video of my atv with the QSC muffler. The QSC is made by Hot Seat Performance

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The qsc slip on sounds great, most of the tuners out there are made by Dobeck. They are about the easiest to install and set up. No computer needed and come preset for your machine and modifications.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do the fuel controllers really make that big of a difference? More power, throttle response, better fuel economy?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
In my experience the fuel controllers do not improve much if anything. Most fuel controllers only allow you to control the fuel. A fuel controller alone will not add any noticeable HP nor give you better throttle response or fuel mileage. You need a full exhaust, intake mods, and custom tuning in order to have noticeable gains. Just adding a slip on and dumping more fuel does nothing for you except maybe make you run rich. A custom tune, or a tuner that you can adjust timing with is what you need. Anyway, I do not recommend slip ons on a 800. I have tried a few, including the QSC. They sound good when new and really deep when in the garage, but after some riding, especially after getting wet, they all end up getting loud and annoying. There just is no way to get a good sound out of the parallel twin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts