Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 2010 polaris sportsman 850 red with power steering and heated hand grips for 4750. Its great shape, tires are 50% but it has 560hrs and 6,900 miles on it. Its at a dealer and of course they say it was used by a old man on a farm checking his fences. Runs and drives great. Just worried about miles and hours. Anything I should be worried about? I just can't find anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
no chance I would buy a quad with 6900 miles on it unless I was getting it for pennies on the dollar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
11,922 Posts
F-that. a dude i rode with a few times just sold a 2011 850 touring with wrec wheels, pro comp tires, mounted rotopax, front and rear storage boxes, front and rear polaris bumpers, heated grips, 3500 polaris winch, and LED headlites. he was asking 6750 and took 6000. get this it only had 1100 miles on it. the only thing wrong with it was it had a 12" set of ty-wrap stitches in the rear fender.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1725 miles and 140hrs a year. Seems reasonable but id walk away high mile nickle and dime nightmare

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think you want to ask yourself, if the atv was in such good condition, why would the "old farmer" want to trade it? He must have had concerns with reliability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer said he traded it for a new side by side. I am not scared of high miles. I just don't know the lifespan of these machines and if I will just be fixing small stuff on it all the time. I would think they would make them to go at least 2000 hours. I have not been able to find anyone with a machine with high miles to compare it to.

I am in no way sold on it and appericate all the input. It is helping in my thought process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts