Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have 39 psi uNeill I get to just over half throttle, then it drops above that. I'm waiting for the new fuel pressure regulator. I think it might be flow and not a pressure problem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not sure what the specs for your machine are, but mine is 56 psi. When my pump failed, it was producing 48 at idle and dropped to 38 as soon as the throttle was opened. My machine would stumble, hesitate, cough, backfire out the exhaust, and would barely run. New fuel pump cured everything, pressure is rock solid now at 58 psi no matter what the throttle position is or load. Quantum pumps have a lifetime warranty...

·
Premium Member
9,933 Posts
Sounds like you have the right pressure 39psi +/-3psi.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like you have the right pressure 39psi +/-3psi.

It shouldn't drop though....it should remain steady regardless of throttle position or load.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry I took so long to reply, I found the problem. The black piece the fuel pump plugs into is a fuel filter. Its plugged, no one makes it or has it for sale by itself. So I upgraded to a filter for 2011 and up, also had to buy matching fuel pressure regulator. $50 dollar fix and it rips like mad. My 2010 was a 2 year only and the after market made the whole assy. but not just the filter. The new regulator is also a few psi higher, 43 psi. Works GREAT, Thanks for the replies, but it really didn't help. LOL.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awesome and great find!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts