Polaris ATV Forum banner

2010 sportsman 850xp issue!!

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GT2011 
#1 ·
I recently traded my 04 700 sportsman for a 2010 sportsman 850xp and have had nothing but problems since!! Idles like crap after it warms up, almost dies when throttle from an idle, and throws code 520 194 atleast once every hour or two of riding. It's starting to just get depressing. I've checked the adjustment of the tps and it's in perfect voltage range, I've also adjusted the throttle cable to my best abilities. Please help!!!

#2 · (Edited)
520194-7....is the stuck throttle code, zip tie will fix it. My 2013 was in the shop for a month, got home rode 2 miles....same thing. It sure seems Polaris is unable to fix the issue. The zip tie method worked for me. The throttle may need adjusted due to the zip tie taking up some of the slack.

Attachments

#3 ·
Check and see if you can tell if anyone has messed with the throttle body set screw. The one in the service manual that says don't adjust set at factory. Was having same issue and beat my head against the wall. Bought a new TPS, throttle thumb assembly, and cable. Finally realized they messed with screw as paint marks weren't what they were set from factory. I adjusted that (throttle body just a little open from fully closed ). Then reset my tps voltage and running a lot better. At least for now I am not throwing any codes. Think I need to do a little bit more fine tuning as I had it going 65 the other night but just a little hesitation off the line.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll look into both suggestions. Mine is quite hesitant off the line as well, sometimes it feels like it takes forever to actually start pulling when gaining RPM's. Sounds like its really going somewhere but feels like a slug until about 5 seconds after cramming the throttle. It also randomly dies after I come to a complete stop sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.