Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 XP550 EPS and love it, looking to give that to my kids and upgrade to an XP850 EPS for myself. Looking at a 2010 with 310 miles mint condition, front and rear polaris deluxe brush guards, 28inch black diamonds on stock take off LE rims, 3500 polaris winch, wes 2up seat from ATV super store and passenger pegs. $6500. I know they added the HO in 2011 or 2012 and not sure how much of a difference that makes in power. I love my XP550EPS and think I will like the additional power of the 850, I had an outlander 800 before and loved the power but not the ride and steering. Thoughts?? Good deal??

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes, the 9-11 were 70hp an the 12-13 HO are 77. The clutching in the 10's was the worst of all the years. If they didn't put a clutch kit in for the 28" tires it will really be a turd compared to what it was stock. Check with them and see. Also there was the oil in the air box issue on the 9 and 10's and I believe it was fixed in 11. That's a fix to do if it hasn't been done already. Otherwise, sounds like a great deal on a low mile machine with all the add-ons. Let me know if you need a clutch kit for it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The clutching in the 10's was the worst of all the years. If they didn't put a clutch kit in for the 28" tires it will really be a turd compared to what it was stock. Check with them and see. Also there was the oil in the air box issue on the 9 and 10's. That's a fix to do if it hasn't been done already. Otherwise, sounds like a great deal on a low mile machine with all the add-ons. Let me know if you need a clutch kit for it.

````````````
````````````

Spot on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts