Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a update from my earlier post (nov, 12).
As stated in that post my sportsman pulls hard intermittently. I have done the flushing of the front diff as suggested. Don't know how to systematically check for shorts or poor grounds.

What is for sure, water has a definite affect. If I go crawling through a waterhole that is up to or slightly above the floor boards the ATV becomes very difficult to steer in 2 or awd?

Any ideas how to narrow this down would be appreciated

:beer:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Is water reaching the wire connector to the front differencial? If so pup it apart and apply dielectric grease, to keep it water tight. Guessing water may be creating a short in the AWD electrical system for you? :dunno:

If you don't know how to check / trouble shoot it..... it may be better for you and the machine to take it in to a trusted small engine shop or Popo dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MustBeNice:I can definitely check the connector and follow it back as far as I can. Where abouts does it connect to the front diff? Will it show me in the manual?

Williamboss; Thanks for the download offer. I do have a manual!

Here is my limited knowledge trouble shooting. When I do find the connector, can I disconnect it all together and see if the problem goes away water or no water?

Thanks for your help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts